The UW Urology Diversity Scholarship is an award given to students who are from backgrounds that are underrepresented in medicine, who have significant economic need, or who are from medical schools without a home urology program.
The scholarship supports an individual desiring a four-week visiting sub-internship at the top-ranked urology program at the University of Wisconsin. Two scholarships are available each summer in the amount of up to $1500 each to cover fees, travel, housing, and transportation expenses associated with the visiting sub-internship.
Individuals from universities other than the University of Wisconsin are eligible for the program. Additionally, applicants must be:
- Current students in good academic standing at a LCME-accredited medical school in the United States entering their fourth-year of medical education
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- And meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Underrepresented in Medicine (UiM)
- Significant economic need
- Home medical school does not have a urology department
Scholarships are available for four-week rotations in July, August, and September.
Students interested in applying for a urology residency at UW will have the opportunity to interview for residency during their visiting elective.