David F. Jarrard, MD
Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs; Professor of Urology; John Livesey Chair in Urologic Oncology; Associate Director, UW Carbone Cancer Center
Specialties: Minimally Invasive Urologic Surgery, Urologic Oncology
UW Medical Foundation Centennial Building
1685 Highland Ave
MADISON, WI 53705-2281
- MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA, 1989
- Junior Residency in General Surgery, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 1989-1990
- Residency in Urology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 1990-1994
- Fellow in Urologic Oncology, American Foundation for Urologic Disease, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 1994-1996
Dr. Jarrard is board certified by the American Board of Urology and has completed a fellowship in Urologic Oncology. He specializes in all aspects of urologic oncology with an emphasis on prostate cancer diagnosis and treatment including robotics.
Dr. Jarrard has a joint appointment with the University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, and his clinical research emphasizes developing novel diagnostics and new therapies for genitourinary cancers. He has an active basic science laboratory and is funded through the National Institutes of Health and Department of Defense to examine genetic and epigenetic alterations in prostate cancer.
- The Induction of Cellular Senescence as Therapy for Advanced Prostate Cancer
Funding Agency: Prostate Cancer Foundation
Principal Investigator(s): David F Jarrard, MD