Sarah E. McAchran, MD, FACS
Associate Professor (CHS)
Specialties: Female Urology & Voiding Dysfunction and Urogynecology
UW Medical Foundation Centennial Building
1685 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53705-2281
MD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, 2000
- Internship and Residency in Urology, Case Medical Center/University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH, 2000-2006
- Fellowship, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, 2006-2008
Dr. McAchran is a Urologist and Urogynecologist. She is board certified in Urology and Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, a sub-specialty certification that is jointly administered by the American Board of Urology and the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and completed her advanced fellowship training in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation’s Glickman Urological Institute.
Dr. McAchran specializes in the diagnosis, management, treatment, prevention and promotion of health for female urologic and urogynecologic disorders such as incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and voiding dysfunction including:
- Surgical Treatment of Stress Urinary Incontinence including both mesh slings as well as autologous fascial slings (slings made out of the patient’s own tissue)
- Medical and Surgical Treatment of Overactive Bladder including intravesical Botox injection and Sacral Neuromodulation (Interstim)
- Surgical Treatment of Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Surgical Treatment of Urethral Diverticulum and Urinary Fistulas
Dr. McAchran is the Co-Medical Director of UW Health’s Women’s Pelvic Wellness Clinic, which offers a multidisciplinary approach to comprehensive care for pelvic floor disorders. She was the recipient of a UW Medical Foundation “Shining Star” Award 2015. She was recognized for her excellence in resident training with the Wear Faculty Teaching Award and she has been listed in “Best Doctors in America”.